* Week Wrap Up: Dad's 60th *

All last week my mom and I were busy putting together a huge surprise birthday party for my dad. And by huge, I mean 85 of our closest friends and family. Coming from half an italian family, this meant lots of food. Coming from half an irish family, this meant lots of alcohol. Needless to say, there was a lot of preparation needed.

During the planning, I was in charge of designing the invitations and decorations. I thought I'd share the designs I did with you here.


I also wanted to come up with a way of displaying photos of my dad that was interactive and fun. I decided to hang twine from some pieces of wood to make a photo hanging. People could use these *adorable* clips to attach their favorite photos or a nice note to the hanging.


I was so busy running around that I didn't take many pictures. I only have these 2 shots of the final hanging, but it gives you an idea of what it looked like.



The party was a blast! It didn't go exactly as we expected of course; it was too cold to be outside for long, the food was getting cold, and my brothers kept my dad out too long getting shots at the bar, so they were almost 2 hours late. But, we made the most of it. I haven't seen my dad that shocked in a while. Totally worth all the effort. :]

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

No comments: