* First Steps *

After my ticket purchase and hostel reservation, the first step to figuring out this trip was to find out how to get from the airport to the hostel. Success! So, now I feel much more secure that I won't be stranded with no idea what I'm doing. I at least have day 1 of 60 down, and it might not seem like much of an accomplishment to figure out, but it really is. I won't be able to plan out all 60 days, but I'm researching the places I want to hit, and a basic visual outline of each city and its metro stops.

Since I'm not working right now (this is officially my fourth day of freedom), I have the time to do this research so I'm not going to a new country blind. I want to have a basic orientation, a few phrases in the languages, and an idea of what I want to do in each place I visit. Although it's weird to not be planning for every single day/night, I'm feeling more comfortable knowing that at least I'll have a few plans set.

In the meantime, I've been hanging out with these two cool cats. Literally, they are cats. I'm cat-sitting for a week for a friend of mine.


Also, I made this awesome gnocchi tonight, and it came out great! Just some whole wheat gnocchi I bought from Trander Joe's, added marinara sauce, spinach and goat cheese. Pretty spectacular.


. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

2 comments:

JUST ME said...

Isn't funny how cats always look at you like you're a tool? No matter what?

Anyway, I LOVE HOW THAT PASTA LOOKS and I'm so psyched to hear how this trip of a lifetime unfolds...

Popsicle Recipes said...

Hi great reading your postt